Thursday, June 12, 2014

A new way of thinking.

I've been feeling really frustrated by lack of improvement. In the beginning my improvement was great and I continued to be motivated to keep trying and working to see more improvements. But, I was always comparing myself to how I used to be, before I was diagnosed with cancer this second time around. I've learned that I need to no longer compare myself to how I used to be, to looking at other attributes and working on those. That was great advice. It's not great that I'm not going to be like my old self but if I focus on other strengths I can work on, that will make me feel better. Funny how it was a simple strategy to suggest but I was so stuck in thinking one way and feeling very horrible and unsuccessful.

Sometimes you just need a person to speak to for a change in perspective.

I'm thankful to Jennifer for helping me.


No comments:

Post a Comment