Thursday, November 14, 2013

Three Months.

I've reached the 3 month mark. I was told it would take this long to recover from my surgery and they were right. I still have work to do to get my body strong again but the scars are healing and I no longer feel any pain. I feel like celebrating! Strange right? I feel grateful for today. My own little victory for making it. I've been reading blogs on living with an ostomy and I'm amazed at the number of people who have colitis and crohns disease. It's astounding. I had Cancer. I haven't read about many people who have an ostomy due to Cancer, perhaps they just don't write about it. I'm not embarassed by it. I need to accept my body as it is now. It was a life or death situation so what choice do I have. This is me now. Some are uncomfortable by it. Anyway, I'm working things out to get back to my new normal. I am excited by the prospect of biking again next year, about getting into the pool again. About living! Be grateful for your health but don't take it for granted. My word of advice is that if you feel something is truly wrong and your physician dismisses your concerns, find another physician or head to emergency. Address those concerns. No one knows your body as well as you do. I wish I had done that. Time to move forward. Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment