Seeing my medical oncologist is my least favourite thing to do. Why? Nothing good ever comes from those visits. First of all oncologists have no bedside manner and all about just giving you the facts, and moving quickly onto the next patient. There's little regard for the patient as a person. Thank goodness for the support staff to cover that area but honestly his nurse isn't much better. How can you work in a Cancer Center and return from vacation so tanned your skin looks like leather. It just seems so wrong to exhibit such unhealthy habits in front of people who are really sick. Why not light up a cigarette in front of me too?
Anyway, I had to be assessed due to the uncontrolled nausea and voniting I've been experiencing with this round of chemo. Now I'm scheduled to get my head scanned to see if the cancer has spread to my brain. I thought I only had 3 or 4 chemo treatments, now it seems I have 6 in total. His approach is to throw the book at the cancer so they are doing the max of everything. I'm getting the impression that if cancer doesn't kill me, the treatment will. I'm not feeling overly positive this morning. It all feels so much bigger than me right now and I feel like I have no control over my body and how it's responding to all the drugs and treatment. The radiation is starting to show side effects too and it's painful.
No comments:
Post a Comment