Saturday, April 27, 2013
A new day.
When first diagnosed back in January, it didn't seem real. But all of a sudden you are booked for a bunch of appointments, tests, exams and you're moving in so many directions thank goodness for Dan to keep track of everything that was being thrown at us. I think back on those first few weeks and how exhausted we were. I'd never seen Dan so tired and so sad. I felt terrible for putting him through all of this. He doesn't deserve any of this either. He doesn't deserve to be with someone like me. Someone with cancer. I look back on those days and look at where we are now. We've drifted into a routine. My daily radiation treatments are booked a week in advance so I can plan my days around them. That's my job now. To get better. What feels weird is that this is my new 'normal'. Once the awfulness of chemo starts to subside and I start to feel better, I have moments when I think I am normal and that I don't have cancer. Of course, one glance into a mirror and that exposed skull of mine brings me back to reality. Today I am feeling better so we're going to enjoy this day by going on a road trip. I need a change of scenery. Living for today is what I do. I always thought that sounded corny, but not anymore. I'm grateful for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment